Monday, January 22, 2007

Conflicted-Advice please

So, I have this friend at work who you either love her or hate her. When I first met her I didn't like her, but now that I have gotten to know her better I enjoy hanging out with her. She isn't from anywhere near the area we live now. Her fiance who she has been with for several years is back in the town where she went to college. She doesn't have a positive outlook currently, because of being away from the love of her life for an unknow period of time. So far they have been away from eachother for approximately 4 months.

Also, at work she isn't being used to her full potential. It is almost like her supervisors don't want to fully train her. They give her the same task to do day after day all day long. Then one of her supervisors went on maternity leave and didn't have her well prepared to handle the workload.

So, we get together at a local yarn shoppe for a yarn crafts (knitting or crocheting). Anyway, there was a request made by somebody for me to tell my friend to not talk so much at the get together. This person was mature enough to tell some one and have that some one tell my DH to tell me. Actually, the last time we went she didn't complain or say anything real negative. The only conversation she really lead was about the project she was working on. She was making a scarf for a friend and she wasn't sure how long to make it.

When DH told me this he said the person making the request described my friend by a physical feature and "the one that complains about work." If anything I was complaining about another coworker. I was really annoyed with another coworker, because she wastes a lot of my time. She needs a lot of hand holding.

My internal conflict is that I don't know if I should say something to the friend or not. I told DH that I thought it was real immature to think I would be the messenger. I did mention something today, because DH said he talked to a lady who worked at the yarn shoppe on Friday. The lady was telling him about the things we talked about and that it annoyed her. I thought it was directed toward me, because I led the conversation among my friends. What really upset me about this lady is she kept participating in the conversation. And we only talked about the issues at work for a few minutes. Then we talked about dogs, satellite radio, and stocks. Actually we spent most of the night talking about dogs.

No comments: