Saturday, November 25, 2006

First Time Away

I barely made it through the past two days. I had to work yesterday for 10 hours. I gave the babysitter the day off. When we left my in-laws on Friday night, we left Meadow. MIL said she would take Meadow for a couple of days. So, I could work. DH was suposed to work also, but he ended up getting the day off. They didn't have the items they needed for the project they were working on.

Thursday night on the way home we stopped in Mad Town for a couple of drinks and came home. So far so good. Although, I did have second thoughts all the way there. DH kept reassuring me. Then, we came home. Still no problems. I didn't have an issue until, I woke up Thursday morning and looked in Meadow's crib. She was not there. I got ready for work, still attracted to Meadow's room. Like I really thought she would aporate into her crib. Maybe, I thought I could do some sort of Jedi mind trick to get her back.

I made it through most of the day at work. MIL called to say she needed our insurance information. She wanted to take Meadow to the doctor. She was weazing while breathing. Otherwise, the she said that she was happy and eating well. I got her the information. She took her to an urgent care center to find out she has a virus. Meadow was prescribe a decongestant.

We met for dinner tonight, and I got my baby back. She looked at me like she didn't recognize me, or maybe she was mad at me. Really, I think it is just because she isn't feeling well. Just now she was fussing in her sleep. So, not like my girl.

What did we do with a night to ourselves. Really, not what I expected. We went out to dinner. We went to MP for a drink. Then we came home and called it an early night. I slept in for the first time in along time. I woke up feeling refreshed, but like something was missing. I couldn't wait to get out of the house. DH and I decided to go do some of our Christmas shopping. We got a good portion done.

No comments: