Thursday, August 03, 2006

My thoughts on Motherhood thus far

I love it! I love being home all day with my daughter. It is truly a gift. I wish I didn't have to go back to work. It is so great to wake up to a crying baby and feed and change her. It is so rewarding knowing I can help her, shape her mentally and emotionally, be silly for no particular reason. I think the best part of my day is reading her stories or poems. No, maybe it is looking down at her while she is eating, and she shoots me a big gummy smile as she leaks milk out of her mouth all over me. OK, maybe it is when all she wants in the world is to be by me.

I know she may not always be this way, but I want to enjoy it while I can. I am actually pretty upset I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks. I will miss my mornings with Meadow. She wakes up, coos, starts to whine. So I get her, change her diaper, feed her. Then we cuddle for a few minutes. Then I read her a story or talk to her for a bit. She takes a nap for a couple of hours...just enough time fore me to shower and eat breakfast. If she fusses while I am doing one of these activities DH will get her and keep her occupied until I am ready for her.

Motherhood is the hardest job I have ever had, and the one I want to succeed at the most. It is one where I can see/know how I am doing right away by the way Meadow reacts. Sure right now it is a lot of trial and error, but really what job isn't trial and error?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so great April - that feeling only gets stronger. Your heart continues to grow every single day.