Saturday, August 19, 2006

Refections from the week

I had the busiest week since having Meadow.

Saturday, I had a baby shower. Left Meadow with DH for about 3 hours. It was nice to interact with adults.

Sunday, we went to BIL's, and didn't get home until 1:30ish am.

Monday was spent recovering from the really late night.

Tuesday cleaned house. We usually do that on the week end, but spending time with friends and family trumps cleaning. I had a neighbor come over for a visit early afternoon. Another bit of nice adult interaction.

Wednesday we had a visit from DH's aunt and uncle. We hadn't seen them in over a year, so it was real nice to spend time with them. I wanted to run errands Wednesday night, but DH accidently took both sets of keys with him to work. Good thing there wasn't an emergency.

Thursday I got pampered with a day spa package. I had a massage, facial, pedicure, and manicure. It was so refreshing. I should have done it along time ago. I finally ran the errands I needed too. Still neglected the weekly grocery shopping, which I know I am going to have to do on the week ends now. Anyway, I was going to have a bunch of friends over. We normally take turns getting together at eachother's houses. We chat and snack on appetizers and desserts. I was expecting 8 people. Only two showed up. I had made turtle brownies, salsa roll ups, and put together a cheese and sausage plate. I also bought a fruit tray. Needless, to say I have a lot of left over snacks....and darn the really tastey brownies.

Friday we went to the park. See previous post.

Today DH is working on a built in entertainment center. I did the grocery shopping for the week and returned some items at Target. I have heard people complain about the return policy at Target, but I had no problem returning the items sans receipt.

I am not sure what tomorrow will bring. If the weather is nice I would like to go to the park again.

No comments: