Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Not for the weak stomach (tmi ahead)

Hemeroids, diaherrea, and then some.

So Sunday, I took a few hour nap. When I woke up, I went to the bathroom. I just had to pee. When, I stood up I noticed blood in the toilet. It looked like the amount I have when I am menstrating. I called the nurse on call. She had the doctor call me back. The doctor told me come into the hospital to make sure it isn't anything serious. I go into the hospital, they hook me up to all these machines to monitor the baby. A nurse looked me over. She thought it was just a hemerroid. The doctor came in and confirmed--the bleeding was from just a hemerroid. I guess they are a pregnancy commonality.

I would have never guessed I would have hemerroids. I was not in any pain. I didn't have a bowel movement. So, the only symptom I had was the bleeding.

My DH is so wonderful. He was so concerned about the situation. He actually insisted I go in.

Then, we get home, to find that Dazie had diaherrea. I felt so bad for the little girl. Maybe it was just sympathy for her mommy. I was the one who got to clean it up.

Doctor appt:
Monday, I had a doctor appointment. I got tested for gestational diabetes (which I passed with flying colors). Friday morning I woke up with a pain in my leg. Stretching my leg made the pain worse, and so did trying to massage the area. I had to pee in the worst way, and there was no way I could make it the short distance from my bed to the bathroom. The pain faded to a gentle reminder by my appointment Monday morning. I brought it up to the doctor. He referred me to get an ultra sound done on my leg. He said there is a 1 in 10 chance it could be a blood clot.

The appointment is scheduled for Thursday (tomorrow). The pain is gone. I was going to call to cancel the appointment. I talked my mom tonight. She was away on business for since the incident, so I was unable to tell her. I told her that the pain went away. She said that I should keep the appointment. She told me that a similar thing happened to my grandmother, and mom thought the blood clot travelled to her heart, or was travelling to her heart. I guess I can't disobey my mother.

I also graduated from an appointment every four weeks to one every three weeks. It gives DH and I more quality time together. DH is working second shift indefinately. I gotta go--Miischka is being a pain in the butt (so I guess I do have some sort of pain).

2 comments:

CC said...

Oh no April!! Glad the bleeding didn't have anything to do with the baby. Many healing vibes for your hiney (and leg too)!!

Heather said...

That must have been so scary April! Thank goodness it wasn't anything really serious!