Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Not for the weak stomach (tmi ahead)

Hemeroids, diaherrea, and then some.

So Sunday, I took a few hour nap. When I woke up, I went to the bathroom. I just had to pee. When, I stood up I noticed blood in the toilet. It looked like the amount I have when I am menstrating. I called the nurse on call. She had the doctor call me back. The doctor told me come into the hospital to make sure it isn't anything serious. I go into the hospital, they hook me up to all these machines to monitor the baby. A nurse looked me over. She thought it was just a hemerroid. The doctor came in and confirmed--the bleeding was from just a hemerroid. I guess they are a pregnancy commonality.

I would have never guessed I would have hemerroids. I was not in any pain. I didn't have a bowel movement. So, the only symptom I had was the bleeding.

My DH is so wonderful. He was so concerned about the situation. He actually insisted I go in.

Then, we get home, to find that Dazie had diaherrea. I felt so bad for the little girl. Maybe it was just sympathy for her mommy. I was the one who got to clean it up.

Doctor appt:
Monday, I had a doctor appointment. I got tested for gestational diabetes (which I passed with flying colors). Friday morning I woke up with a pain in my leg. Stretching my leg made the pain worse, and so did trying to massage the area. I had to pee in the worst way, and there was no way I could make it the short distance from my bed to the bathroom. The pain faded to a gentle reminder by my appointment Monday morning. I brought it up to the doctor. He referred me to get an ultra sound done on my leg. He said there is a 1 in 10 chance it could be a blood clot.

The appointment is scheduled for Thursday (tomorrow). The pain is gone. I was going to call to cancel the appointment. I talked my mom tonight. She was away on business for since the incident, so I was unable to tell her. I told her that the pain went away. She said that I should keep the appointment. She told me that a similar thing happened to my grandmother, and mom thought the blood clot travelled to her heart, or was travelling to her heart. I guess I can't disobey my mother.

I also graduated from an appointment every four weeks to one every three weeks. It gives DH and I more quality time together. DH is working second shift indefinately. I gotta go--Miischka is being a pain in the butt (so I guess I do have some sort of pain).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no April!! Glad the bleeding didn't have anything to do with the baby. Many healing vibes for your hiney (and leg too)!!