Saturday, April 29, 2006

Strain on Marriage

Marriage: DH working 2nd shift. It is getting tough. Really the only time I talked to him all week was on the phone. Now he is outside doing yard work, so our week end is shot with him doing yard work, and me doing house work. Even though we are in the same vicinity, I miss him. It is so hard to want to do my chores on the week end, because I want to be spending the time with him. It is a definite strain, but it is best for our child and finances in the long run if she is not in daycare all day.

He did rent movies for us to watch tonight. I hope it gives us a chance to be close this week end. One movie I will not watch, as it is a horror movie, but that is something he can do when I am not around. Then I know he is staying out of trouble :P I have noticed that we are having a harder time communicating. I feel like I have so much to tell him in a little bit of time.

I am supposed to be cleaning the house. Anyway, I am finally getting around to changing my last name legally, and now I am upset about the process. I could have sworn someone told me I needed the official marriage license to do so. Reading the form, I only need the marriage certificate (and some other documents that I already have). Had I known that I would have done this 10 months ago. Now, I am trying to figure out if I need to sign the form with my maiden name or my desired married name….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help you with the legal name issues but (((hugs))) on the marriage stuff. DH worked full-time while also doing part-time work so I understand all to well never seeing them. I don't want to add more to your plate, or be that person who is a *damper* but please try and make time for each other in the next few months. It's amazing how much time there won't be for each other when you're caring for a newborn. That was something I wished someone had told us - we had no idea and it threw us for a loop. Now we eat up anytime together that we can get.