Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I feel so guilty

I hope this doesn't happen to me with my children.

Our dogs need to be tied up until my DH can get a fence up around the yard. Both dogs keep getting out of the underground fence, and running around the neighborhood. I trust my dogs, but they barrel at people and animals with great energy. It tends to intimidate other dogs and people.

Lately, and mainly at night, there has been a cute shelty visiting our yard. Last night, the dogs figure out how to open the door. They stayed in the yard with the shelty. They came when I called them. Anyway, at about 10:30 tonight the shelty was on our back deck. Both dogs woke up from a deep sleep, and ran to the door. They were barking and whining to get out to play. I saw the shelty standing on the other side of the door. I felt so horrible, that I could not let them out to play with their friend. DH was sleeping, and there is no way I can manage both dogs in he night alone. They get too excited when they are playing, and don't listen to me. DH has a special whistle they respond to. Dazie and Miischka have played with this dog a few times. The three actually play very well together.

I wish I could take the dog in. He/she seems like such a sweet dog, but timid of people. I am tempted to write a letter and distribute it to the neighborhood. DH thinks he saw the dog chained up at a house at the beginning of the subdivision. I would like to let them know the dog frequents our house, and ask what they would like with the dog.

No comments: