Wednesday, January 25, 2006

routine appt

Today, I had a routine doctor appointment. I opted to get a test done that screens for birth defects. I would like to prepare myself as much as possible. I have only gained 2 pounds at this point, and I am 17weeks 4 days. I got to listen to the baby's heartbeat. It is 152.

I also talked to the doctor about the back pains I am having. Turns out I have siatica (not sure how it is spelled). He gave me some options to try. Other things I have tried have not worked. He reccommended a Tylonel and a heat pad on the lowest setting. The pain usually occurs a couple hours before bed, and hinders my sleep.

Also, my skin has become very sensitive to the elements. I can't wear jewelry anymore.

DH didn't come with, his is recovering from Bronchitis.

I scheduled an ultra sound for 2/10. I can't wait to find out the gender of the baby.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Can't wait to know what the sex is! Sorry about your back pain, I had bad back pain too when I was pregnant. Nothing seemed to help, and it was always at night and woke me up! URGH! The ups and downs of pregnancy I guess.. Hope you feel better...